View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 AM
debcavan
Power Poster

My hands are small so I have problems with the ruler. There is a clear sheet that you can buy that is suppose to help but the smaller the hands, the harder it is. So I have put felt pads every 1 1/2 inches on my ruler just on the edge I use for cutting. It also helps me know which edge to use since my ruler is 8 1/2 inches wide and I want to use the numbers starting with whole inches.

Also I am height impared. This also contributes to the trouble cutting. I am cutting on a table meant for an average sized person. The pads which I get at the dime store or Walmart are very thin and in the department that has the things to put on the bottom of vases and the back of frames.

Some people put on pad at each end. I put them all the way down. it helps my fabric from pushing ahead as I am cutting. Sometimes I just don't get that blade changed and just need to do one cut. That will sound familiar to a lot of us quilters.

I hope you have found a solution that works for you. There are many of us who have solved the individual problem we have.