View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM
KathyKat

Originally Posted by Needle Up
I asked at the beginning of this conversation if you can also listen to audio books on the Kindel. I never did see a reply. I know it sounds stupid but I know nothing about the Kindel.
You can get audio books on the new Kindle Touch which will be released Nov 19th. It also has a text to speech function so you can have a book read to you but I wonder how it would sound. It's on special now for $149.
My 2 kids were going to get me the Kindle Fire for Christmas but after watching this topic and learning more about other Kindles ( I don't have one now) I decided the new 3G Kindle Touch would be best for me. It has lots of neat features.

Also some have asked why pay all that money for books when you can go to the library for free. They have lots of books for $0.99 and all out of copyright books are free. Also you can get books from the library downloaded to the newer Kindles.
I want it because I travel lot and it will be so much more convenient. Also I often finish a book when the library isn't open. With the Kindle you can download anytime and as many as you want and they are yours to keep or give to others.
Here's a link to info about the new Kindle Touch.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005890G8O/...menu_kdpwtso33