View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by Lucio
Originally Posted by bodie358
I love that store. I can literally spend hours just looking.
I saw on the Yelp reviews of this store that the old Russian ladies in the baboushkas are still very much in control and not in the least customer service oriented. They also said that the front of the store had the most expensive newer fabrics and price and quality declined as you go further to the back. Is this still true? It won't keep me from shopping there, however.
The experience I have had is not so much a lack of customer service, but they simply can't answer your question a lot of the time, you have really got to "know" the store yourself and it's not layed out randomly, they pretty much have stuff organized according to fabric type. The flat folds are a crap shoot, but the piles are kept at a certain height because of fire department requirements, and the newer stuff is on the top. Even in flat fold, they try to group the seasonal fabrics, one color, ginghams and panels together.

They sell the high end fabric for about $2 less a yard than the quilt stores and they are very generous on their cutting.

In the old days the men were in charge and they were awful. They would yell at the ladies shopping and get mad if you tried to move the flat folds around to get to a piece you wanted. If they helped you move the fabric, they would get mad if you didn't take the piece they had uncovered for you. I steered clear of them as much as I could.

I think the store is owned by the same people who own Jenny's Fabrics in Fountain Valley.