View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Fabric Galore

I am far from being an expert on needle turn applique but I have received so many halpful tips from this cyber sew. I want to share with you 2 of my biggest helpers. They may be old hat to some of you but they are brand new to me.
I bought some applique pins at my LQS and I love them. I can use as many pins as I like to make sure my applique piece is within the pattern lines. They are small enough that they do not stick my fingers nor do they get tangled up in my thread. The second halper is Applique Wash Away sheets from Nancy's Notions. They measure 8 1/2 x 11" and the shiny side sticks to the fabric when you press it. I put the shiny side up & trace the pattern pieces onto the sheet. I cut out the pieces on the tracing line & then I press the pattern piece to the wrong side of my fabric. I trim the pattern piece & I can even snip the seams because the sheet holds everything in place. It gives me a good line to use as a guide for needle turn & the best part is; I don't have to remove it because it washes away in soapy warm water. I have attached some photos to show you what I mean.

quilting pin, regular pin, applique pin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275191[/ATTACH]

wash away applique sheets with pattern attached
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-275138.jpe   attachment-275139.jpe