Old 10-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Country1

Originally Posted by purplemem
Penny,
I felt so much better after my hysterectomy that I was amazed. They will not allow you to lift anything or push or pull. Gentle walking will be allowed and expected after the first week.

Be sure and move around, even on the day of the surgery. I know this sounds harsh, but that is how blood clots form. Just laying still for 24 hours can create one.

Missy,
Those cookies sound good. Now I will have to decide between baking a pumpkin pie for dh or making those cookies. I have been baking for him now that the weather is cooler. He loves home cooked goodies.

I made the best soup tonight, split pea with ham. I put in diced onions, potatoes and carrots, then add diced ham and 1 cup sour cream at the end. I served with french bread knots and apples, it was phenomenal.

I have been eating soup for breakfast! It is really helping me stay full and so much good fiber. I get so tired of oatmeal or eggs.

Peanut butter sounds good me to now. I bought some peanut butter pretzels at the store today, 9 pretzels make 1 snack serving with 9 g. of protein, my before bed snack with a small glass of milk.

I know I told DH, after the surgery do me 2 favors,
1. As soon as they will let me, make me walk
2. As SOON as I can, Foley Cath. OUT!...

Thank you for the advise and thoughts! Penny