Thread: Futura CE-250
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
SharonC

Okay, well I need to update you all on the status (so you'll know if this happens to you). I was able to sew yesterday for about 1/4 of a design. I know--frustrating. I didn't have the heart to work on it b/c I was so emotional. Anyways, this evening I mentioned my frustration to my DH (in this case it's DDDDDDH). He has a computer/radio background and he started unscrewing screws, checking voltage (who knew), and wiggling parts. It then started to work...again, for about 1/8th of a design.
Long story short, he discovered that the vibrations were disconnecting some whachamacall it inside, soooooo off came the cover (GASP) and he went to work on it. It's now about 1 hour 30 minutes since the cover came off and it's all back together (no extra screws or anything--lol), and I was able to complete an entired design with NO PROBLEMS.
He told me that a little white thingy, on the circuit board that goes to the USB cable was loose and he re-seeded it. Just wanted to share since (A) you all were so helpful and (B) DDDDDDH definitely gets kudos from me on this fix :) :)
Sharon