View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 AM
mythreesuns

Originally Posted by Lostn51
If you install GFI electrical sockets in your home on the things that you have plugged in all the time like toasters, lamps and what not then you can get by with leaving everything plugged in. But they are pricy and I do have them in my home. They have the little reset buttons on the socket so you can test the surge protector and reset it if it trips.

Billy
This is what we have done in our rooms in the house for certain items.
We also have to remember..my stove is gas..but uses elec for the ignition... fridges... microwaves... washer/dryers.. we all leave such items plugged in at all times. So use the special outlets for your house.. well worth it.

Surge protectors to NOT always protect your items. Our neighbor had his business office in his house.. when a mega storm happened. They just like MacThayer..lost every electronic item in the house because of a storm..but all his entire office supply was on backups power supply/surge protection.. still lost it all. He was told, the surger protectors really do not cover for storms. it covers a different kind of power surge. He spent over 100 a piece on his surger protectors.