View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 04:48 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Hattie Frances
Okay, here's your answer, I quilt at, I sew at, I cross stitch at. I always start something, but never finish it. Just like Kyra is the "Closer", I am the "Starter" as a matter of fact that's what I'm known as in my office. I have it all, you name it, I bought it. I am still buying but never finishing it. The only thing I finshed was a quilt I started for my grandson and that was a year ago and if he had not bugged me until if felt like beating him to death, I would not have finished it. I am glad his sister is only 10 months and can't talk, maybe I will finish hers before she is aware that I started it. My count is about 6 different quilts in different stages and no finish in sight. Oh and my daughter asked me to please stop spending her inheritance on fabric. Says she going to have the biggest garage sale in history when I'm gone.
Been there, done that.

I've got a baby quilt in the works for a little lady born Sept. 25 which I'm now calling her Christmas present. Another baby girl on the way is supposed to be born in Jan. ----------so all's good. I've got the pieces cut and I've got time. THEN I GOT THE INVITE TO HER SHOWER--in two weeks. I'm chairing a dinner at church and can't get out of that anyway, so I have to miss the shower. I'm trying to decide if I want to hold out until Jan. for the quilt.

And then at least two for my own new granddaughter. Which will be Christmas, too.