View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:04 AM
BSKTLOFR-QUILTER

I have found some good fabric at Hobby Lobby. They seem to carry a better line of fabric than Joann's, Hancock, and Wal-Mart. All stores seem to have a cheap line as well as good stuff. They cater to everybody's pocketbook. I tend to get too excited when I find something special and forget to check fabric quality.

Don't stress out and just have fun with selecting fabric colors and designs while it's still new to you. I figure I've got plenty of time to get serious.

I found 12 Joann's Block of Month packets at Goodwill for 99 cents each from last year's line. I had 2 or 3 blocks with the same pattern but that cheap who cares. I just switched the pattern around so it doesn't all look the same. It was the best learning experience I've ever had. I discovered the fabric was a little thinner. It didn't have perfect fabric cuts so I had to make adjustments. I bought sashing and border fabric. Best of all my husband took part in the process and gave his suggestions. I gave it to him and now to my horror he wants to hang it on the wall with all it's mistakes!