Thread: healthy food
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:59 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

i've been eating better myself... less salt, meat products, and sugars. more whole grains and veggies. i love my mid-morning snack of 12-grain toast topped with yogurt cheese/veggies. yogurt cheese is simply plain yogurt drained for 24 hours... comes out like creme cheese. then i food process celery and green olives to mix in. this is yummy and very good for you. i've also tried tofu and decided that i like it. here is a recipe i use sometimes. mix 2 Tbsp soy sauce with few shakes of ground ginger and garlic powder [haven't gotten to doing the spices myself yet ]. cube 1/2 very firm tofu brick [7 of the 14 oz] and coat the pieces with the sauce. heat tofu cubes in very lightly oiled [canola, sesame, olive] fry pan. remove the tofu cubes and put lots of chopped celery, onions, green pepper in the pan to saute. add 1/4 to1/2 cup water. when softened, add 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits and tofu. make thickening sauce with remaining soy and large Tbsp of corn starch. add 2-3 Tbsp vinegar to taste. makes 2 meals.
i hope this helps.