View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:32 AM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I'm going to be a little different. As I scrolled from #1 to #2, I definitely liked #2 better. When I scrolled to #3, I thought I liked, but I kept going back and forth over 2 and 3 and finally decided I like the crispness of the white background around the Viking. Really makes it pop and I think that's what you want for the mascot. Just one opinion among many!
You are right as far as it popping, the white really does that. What I'm afraid is going to happen is once I turn the head into an applique, the horns from the helmet will blend into the back ground and not show up. I'm not that good at applique as I have only done it once or twice. It would be nice to do as embroidery but this is a 24" block and my machine only does a 9" x 6" which would get lost in a block this size.

I'm not committed to anything yet on the center block (except for the Viking head), still throwing things around. Maybe I can come up with a way to incorporate both the green and the white. I will keep thinking this out.