View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 01:20 PM
dixiechunk

I can only answer with reference to the Row Round Robin I participated in with my quilt guild. Each of us was given a number, chose a theme and made a row. We put our completed row in a brown paper bag with any specific instructions or extra fabric from our row for others to use
for continuity. Each month (at guild meeting) we passed our bags to the next number in sequence til it came back to the owner. The only big "rule" was you couldn't show anyone the quilt-in-progress to anyone. You had to wait til the end at show and tell.
One lady did an applique cat row. Someone else did a red hat theme. Mine was a Maryland theme...crabs, sunflowers, ocean waves. Everyone got their quilt back and seemed delighted. One lady who wanted to play but didn't feel like she could commit offered to act as "design consultant" for participants who needed some help coming up with ideas. She was the only one who was allowed a preview peek.
Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
I am considering trying a swap or Row/Round Robin and have never done one before. I was curious what experience my fellow quilters have had with these? Good/Bad, were you happy with the experience, what did you learn? Also, any advice for a newbie who is nervous about "taking the plunge?" Thanks in advance! :-)
How do round robins/row robins work? froggyintexas