Old 10-22-2011, 02:55 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by purplefiend
I'm picking up a set of straight leg Singer treadle irons tomorrow, it looks like its all there. My current Singer treadle like this is missing a bolt.

The irons are $15! :-D

http://austin.craigslist.org/atq/2609205647.html

Sharon W.
That's a great deal! Are you switching them out, or just swapping the bolt.
Mostly swapping the bolt, don't know what else. It depends on what condition they're in.[/quote]

The irons are in very good condition, only missing the belt shifter. I may just swap the irons out and take the belt shifter off the irons that is missing the bolt.
The man that sold them to me does a beautiful job of refinishing cabinets and machines. Lots of eye candy. He has a White Rotary in a twiggy cabinet and also a New Home in a twiggy cabinet. He is a woodworker and has replaced parts of the cabinets with new wood. Its just amazing what he's done with them. He repaints the treadle irons too. I was afraid that he might have been one of those nitwits that makes tables from the treadle irons and trashes the rest. I'm so relieved that he doesn't do that.
I may have him repair my oldest Singer coffin top, part of it is in poor condition and won't hold up the hinged piece on the right side.