Old 10-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Charlee

Ok M'friends...here's a story and a question for ya...I *think* I know the answer, but would like your opinions...

Long story...the spousal unit was separated from his father's family when he was young, and was kept away from them until he was an adult. It wasn't until I started doing genealogy that we connected with some of them. One, a cousin of SU's father, has been especially fun to chat with, and he sent me a message at the beginning of summer about a family reunion. We were going to try to go but didn't make it. He also told me about a sewing machine that he had in storage, and offered to sell it to me. I'd KILL for a family machine, and let him know I was interested. This is the email I just got from him:

Hi Charlee I'm so sorry kid, I totally lost my ATT.net contact until mt nephew came over last night and fixed it, I'm just now getting your response to the reunion, sorry you couldn't come we had a blast, maybe next year, as for the sewing machine I haven't dug it out from storage, but I promise I will get it out and take some pictures and let you decide what it's worth to you and as well it's worth to me, it belonged to my aunt Dovie, who got it from Williams grt, aunt Louise Stepp,Rose so I don't really know how old it is , it is electric, with a pedal, it's called the Cadillac, it has like gold,red, ??? and some other kind of pin striping on it over a beautiful green color I think, It;s a very beautiful machine, well got to go I have another 258 emails to go , Jerry" *end quote*

Now...he told me once that it was a Singer, and referred to as the "Cadillac of Singers" Does this sound like a Redeye to you?