Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Gramof6

Originally Posted by fmd36
Thanks to all who responded...I have read them all and will keep them. She loves where she is...she is def. a New England person..fall is her fav. time of year. They have both been involved in the performing arts field so they will look to that for enjoyment and she is a hand quilter. . I was awake most of last night praying and dealing with this and trying to answer the "What if.." questions. Mike leaves Sunday to start work on Monday. He knows some Spanish...his sales territory will be south of Miami, some of the islands and some of Central America....It should be exciting. With every move (and she has made a few, inc. West Coast) ) one of her biggest fears has been that she is leaving her friends behind and she won't make any new ones....but she always has. God is faithful. Thanks again to all. fmd36 in NH
One of the biggest fears is the fear of the unknown. My entire married life has been with a DH in the Oilfield. You go where the work is and sometimes we have had to live apart. Not easy but it is what it is, and we made it. Now my DH works away from home for 2-5 or 6 weeks at a time. I do not like it at all, but I do like to pay the bills and have a roof over my head. One day he will retire and then we will reap the rewards of this life and be happy. Well we are both happy people by nature and had to learn that life is always a series of adjustments to be made. Basically, your life is what or how you choose to make it. It is not always happy or easy by no means and we cannot always have things the way we want. There is always a silver lining to be found though. I raised 4 rowdy kids with my DH being gone through most of it. And then we did not have computers or the technology that is available now. Skype is great for families seperated due to work. My youngest DD had a 3 yr old and twin babies & her DH had to be away from home a lot during that first couple of years of the twins lives and they made it. Make's them stronger. I worked at that time & could not really help her much. It hurts us Mom's see our kids go through tough patches and to see them unhappy, but they do usually make it on their own just fine. And I am the type & raised our kids that Home is what you make it. Sometimes we have to be unhappy until we get settled and plant our roots elesewhere, other times some of us have to live one place while a spuse another until the situation can change. It is much better than being homeless and no job! Your family will be fine if they do all move down there. Just a few growing pains to get through. I hope this will help ypou some as that was my full intention when I began typing this. Huge Hugs!! Will pray for your family.