Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Cybrarian

The cultural opportunities they will have in that area are Many and varied. I live on the Gulf and have traveled all over the states and many countries. Rudest people I have come across are the snowbirds who visit from the north and Midwest. I grew up in MI and have lived in KY & GA also so I am a transplanted Floridian. I miss Fall and early spring. Do not miss the depression long winters and gray days bring. My cost of living is way lower than my brother's in CA and lower than any home owner or city renter I have met in NY. My taxes were lower than my single son's were in Ohio. There are pros and coms to any place. The most important thing in this situation is for the family to be together, realize this is an opportunity if they choose to treat it that way and it won't be for ever. They definitely need to visit you inthe summer to get a break from the heat and you need to visit them in the winter for a break from the snow. Or if it is the snow they miss ( and they will at Christmas) they may need to visit then. Attitude will be everything and the boys will take their cues from mom & dad. Thank the Lord you SIL found a job! So many can't.