Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Rntraveler

My take on this... I grew up in WPB... lived in several different areas of the state over the years. Moved to AL in the late 80's Have come "home' many times as I have family here, taken travel "work" jobs here but would I live here ...nope.

Too many bugs, too much heat and humidity. Sure it get's hot in other places but the heat doesn't last March through November. I got real tired of sweat running down my back in March weeding and turning the a/c up to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Love bugs 2x/yr..car stays nasty. Palmbetto bugs that fly, too many people and many that only visit here who think the residents should leave to give them room.

I love the change of season's in North Alabama. In FL, it's the same everyday. So tiring. Also, who wants to go to a theme park every off day? When I was in Fl, I went to the beach not even once a year. Pay is very poor for nurse's and the working conditions leave alot to be disired. Insurance is high for housing.

You may not need much for winter clothes but I spent very little time outside in the heat. Just can't stand it .. might as well be someplace that has more to offer..

Good luck to who ever wants to live down in Fl but for me, I will visit family.