View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 09:44 PM
roxie623

I posted a few months ago that we should get together and form a group. I have had 2 lquilters contact me. I have a clubhouse that we can use on Wednesday & Saturday mornings if anybody is interested. Just pm me. Hope we can make this work as it would be so much fun.

Roxie in Peoria
Originally Posted by desertrose
Originally Posted by QuiltedCritterLady
Hi, I am a new quilter. My recently unemployed status left me with a lot of time, and so, I decided that it would be fun to make quilts for my family for Christmas. My only experience was that I had started one years ago under the direction of a friend, but I never finished it. I am currently working on my fourth Christmas quilt and I am having a wonderful time. I have learned a LOT by teaching myself, reading books, and I finally took a quilting class at JoAnn's. I am ready to connect with some other quilters and learn some of the short-cuts. I also now understand the expression on the lady's face when I showed up at a quilt shop seeking fabric, and explained that even though I had no experience, I was going to make quilts for this holiday season. :lol:

Hi and welcome form AZ. This must be fellow AZ day on the board you are the second new member and we all live near one another. We have Surprise, Peoria and I'm from Avondale. Congrats on your tackling a Christmas Quilt for your first quilt you definitely don't scare easily. :lol: Perhaps we can form our own little group. Welcome again and enjoy the board but one warning it can cut into your quilting time since it's very addicting... :D :D :D :D

Andie, desertrose