View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:56 AM
sparkys_mom

Rather than continue this thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-160867-1.htm where so many have offered help, I thought I'd just start a new topic.

I tried pretty much everything suggested for my problems and yesterday, I went off to my dealer to make sure this wasn't something I was doing. I didn't take my machine as that is a really major effort for me (think heavy machine, bad back, and stairs) but I took my quilt sandwiches, thread, bobbins, etc. and spent about an hour with the dealer. My FMQ there was just fine. I picked up some hints that will be helpful in the future.

Sadly, when I got home I still had problems. This time, it is the top thread keeps breaking and I get long skipped stitches. I'm going to try that again today to be sure it isn't me going too fast. I will try different thread, needle, and speeds. :)

My dealer was very nice and helpful, sat with me the entire time with no interruptions, and told me to call if I had more problems and maybe they could walk me through it.

So, while my UFOs remain UFOs, I'm feeling a little more optimistic now.

And I just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions.