View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:56 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi
I've gotten a bit out of control I think.....Right now I am working on the Tonga Back To Nature BOM, Stitcher's Garden BOM and The Cotton Club BOM, plus a few other smaller projects.... I'm keeping up so far, except for the Tonga (the Y-Seams in this quilt made me crazy :) ) How many projects do you have going?
How many? ... not going there! Though I am on a mission to get the # minimized. Last year and again this, our LQS has a UFO/PhD challenge. We take in our PhD to register it, and pay a $2 fee, then return with it completed, and are awarded a # ballots, determined on size (one for wall hanging, and upwards). It runs from Oct thru end of May ... so a lot of projects can be completed, and a good pool of $$ amassed. Of course, the LQS wins .... we need extras to finish all those things, don'tw e? :)

I see several projects as a necessity ... sometimes I want to sew, and dependent on my mood, what I will work on. As you mentioned, there are times you know those Y-seams are not for you, and yet you are ready to sew, something! Go for it!!!!

I look at it this way ...
Variety is the Spice of Life
... and this ensures some of that spice in my life!!! :)