View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 09:50 AM
barnbum

Kyia!! I've been quilting for years--taught myself--read books in the aisle of the fabric stores because back then I didn't want to spend the money to buy them. I made tiny doll quilt to practice...and if you look at my posts (or website) you'll see how it's coming along. Not once have I heard about cutting borders different ly than I cut the rest. I just read that in the quilt books I got for Christmas. My borders came out fine.

So--be free! Be free and quilt along merrily!! You do fabulous work. Don't let anything steal your joy! :wink:

I'm back--I had to add that I started my first quilt in 1978 in college. No iron or sewing machine. No rotary blade or cutting mat. I saved those squares for years and used them to make my first quilt. I tried adding wide strips between squares to get it done and it looked so bad--I cut it directly in half and made two small--what I called rag quilts (meaning something quite differently that what I call rag quilts today. :lol: )

I finished those quilts and gave one to my daughter. She still has it and loves it. I'll have to post a pic sometime.

Anyway--the moral to the story is--whatever you're doing--it's perfect. And beautiful. :D

Feel better? :wink: