Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
ai731

Originally Posted by sandpat
Jan, if you are really good with HST...the tree would be lovely and yup, it would be fun to work with the borders, plus the different colored leaves would give everyone tons of color options!
I'm not *really* good with HSTs, but I'm not too bad and I'm getting better. I don't want to start avoiding HST-based patterns because I find them challenging :)
I just dearly love love love the compass star too! You might read page 3 of the thread with the star on it if you are concerned about Paper piecing. Patrice posted some templates that you can use. You have so much time to play, you might just want to try paper piecing..if I can get it into my thick head, I'm sure you can too!
I've found a couple of good tutorials, so I think I'll probably be able to figure it out. It's the option I'm leaning towards.
...or with so much time before the mailing, if you aren't sure...make them all, then decide and then re-life the ones you don't use. They would all work for the project just beautifully!
I'd love to do all three, but I have a long list of WIPs that I still need to be working on, plus I want to do the Blue&Yellow block swap as well... So much quilting, so little time!

Thanks very much for your very helpful suggestions!

Jan