View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 AM
IraJane

Originally Posted by PegD
Thank you. Is this for the 2 1/2" sq? What are the markings on the square from the corners?
Originally Posted by IraJane
Originally Posted by karon21195
Too cute! I want to make one. Pattern? Or clues as to how it's done?
To design your own, use graph paper and color in the blocks to form the main pattern. Then fill out with background squares and add a row around the outside, plus the 1st border that gets cut. It is important to have the outside edges of the tree have good contrast with your background (ex: red or green on outside edges). The tree is a little like bowling pin set ups, except that if you just go 1,3,5, and 7 it will be a chunky tree. So better to do the top as 1, the next two rows as 3, the next 2 or 3 rows as 5, etc..... Counting the twisted pieces in each row, tells you how many squares were in that row. I think an Easter egg will start as 2 at the top, a couple rows of 4, a couple more of 6, then work my way back down-haven't drawn it on the graph paper yet, so need to do that to see the visual.

THIS IS ADDICTING!!!!!
When I did my jack-o-lantern , I used 5" squares and a 3 1/2" ruler. The same thing will work with any size squares and the appropriate size ruler. I don't have the smaller rulers.

If we used 3 1/2" or 4" squares, can some one tell us what size ruler that would use?