Old 10-23-2011, 10:25 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by gypsyquilter
first, let me say this link is such a BAD influence on me. Since I started reading it I bought a '47 featherweight and a '22 hand crank! Then I Started the hunt for a red eye treadle, that was the only one I wanted and the last vintage machine I would buy. I saw one this weekend on CL for $450 - WAAAY out of my price range. Then I saw one on ebay for local pick up only, but it was in Illinois, i'm in Texas - thus you see geographical problem :-) i was lamenting to my wonderful hubby that I may be on the forever-for-nothing search for a read eye treadle, when he said, bid on it, if you win, we'll go get it together (gosh, i LOVE this man!). So, I did, I won, we went! Here she is in all her glory, and her fantastic price of $56, she's a 1910. if that wasn't' great enough, the person who sold her also had a "portable" singer and asked was I interested!. I bought that machine for $20. I need your help, I have no idea what type of machine this tiffany decal machine is, her wooden cabinet is in rough shape but the machine looks great, she's a 1916. there is a hamilton beech motor attached to the back of this machine, I plan to take it off an make it a hand crank. Any ideas what type of machine she is?
Gorgeous machines! The Tiffany is a Singer 66. Most folks love the Redeye decals, but I my opinion the Tiffany is the prettier of the two.

Please post pictures of your other machines. Love to see folks vintage ladies and gents!

Have fun treadling! And post your finish projects in "Quilts made using vintage machines!" ; love seeing them too.