Old 10-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Bennett

Originally Posted by gypsyquilter
first, let me say this link is such a BAD influence on me. Since I started reading it I bought a '47 featherweight and a '22 hand crank! Then I Started the hunt for a red eye treadle, that was the only one I wanted and the last vintage machine I would buy. I saw one this weekend on CL for $450 - WAAAY out of my price range. Then I saw one on ebay for local pick up only, but it was in Illinois, i'm in Texas - thus you see geographical problem :-) i was lamenting to my wonderful hubby that I may be on the forever-for-nothing search for a read eye treadle, when he said, bid on it, if you win, we'll go get it together (gosh, i LOVE this man!). So, I did, I won, we went! Here she is in all her glory, and her fantastic price of $56, she's a 1910. if that wasn't' great enough, the person who sold her also had a "portable" singer and asked was I interested!. I bought that machine for $20. I need your help, I have no idea what type of machine this tiffany decal machine is, her wooden cabinet is in rough shape but the machine looks great, she's a 1916. there is a hamilton beech motor attached to the back of this machine, I plan to take it off an make it a hand crank. Any ideas what type of machine she is?
What beautiful "sisters." I've been seeing more of the Tiffany decals here, and they are very pretty.