View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:02 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by SheriR
Originally Posted by trrmite
I have joined a fat quarter swap. I do not have a LQS (to my knowledge) near me, After reading all 5 pages of this thread, I am beginnig to thank I should pull out because the fat Q I get will be consider cheap. Would Joann's fat Q be Ok and not consider cheap?
I don't think it's fair for you to pull out of doing something fun because you don't live by a fancy quilt store. Your post makes me sad. I've used fabric from Nice shops and JoAnn's AND OHMYGOSH (whispers) .... WalMart..... You stay in your swap!!!!! I bet it's rules don't require you to shop somewhere specific or spend a certain amount per yard. I bet it says 100% cotton. If the ladies who join the swaps only expect Moda or one of the other name brand fabrics they should only join a swap that's specific to a brand! I'm sure what you've picked is pretty. What I've read most on this board is there are no police.....
Amen! One of my quilts that won judges' choice was made with muslin from JoAnn's and sashing from WalMart. And one of the quilts that gave me fits from beginning to end was made with high dollar squares I ordered online from a fancysmancy quilt shop. Those squares were every shape but square! And I am shocked by the way some quilt store fabric feels these days. I could get just as good on the $3 table at WalMart. froggyintexas