Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
auniqueview

Originally Posted by pinecone
Originally Posted by Cybrarian
.... I live on the Gulf and have traveled all over the states and many countries. Rudest people I have come across are the snowbirds who visit from the north and Midwest.
Please don't paint everyone with the same brush. Not all snowbirds are rude.

piney
Yes, and didn't we just have a thread about how people assume (and you know how that goes) about the different states. You think that people would try to get along, especially these days, and not want to start trouble with each other. I just hated hearing that "rude and crude" tossed out there, and had to respond.

I forget who said it, but it's true that you can be as happy as you will allow yourself to be. And you can't blame other people for your own attitude. I know when someone tells me that the snowbirds are the "bad drivers" during season....Look at the license plate. It's US. We are just as bad, lol. I think all the rest of you are TERRIBLE drivers, lol....and give ALL OF YOU a wide berth...keeps my car nice and undented. I just assume (and there I go) that everyone in a car or on a bike intends to kill me, and drive accordingly. That way, you don't hit me, I don't hit you. Works for me. And we don't have to call each other names, or involve our insurance companies.

Everyone thinks their state, country, etc is the best. You know Florida can't be too bad....people keep coming down here for vacations. I live here, and it's still my favorite vacation spot. And I like snowbirds....especially the winged ones that come down and sit in the trees and make so much noise, lol.