View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
epson233

well fellow members -- you have been so positive on my topics regarding restoration of trunks, making sewing machine covers from grocery bags, quilts from men's ties and the singer featherweight insert -- thought i would share another idea

i love working with men's ties -- problem is the silk has little tolerance for burrs on our needles and makes terrible snags and knots -- i can always tell when my elnas or the featherweight machines are having burr problems or just need a little swipe of the lamb's wool -- the threads when i am sewing on the machine make my eyes start to jump and go cross eyed -- it happens so fast but the brain immediately picks up

i find these two fold eggs on ebay -- i love to find deals-- usually buy a set of six for 15 dollars including shipping and sell on the various farmers markets for 15 dollars each -- of course many times i have totally pulled my hair out doing the readjustments -- but the reward is -- i meet many nice people and we share information

supplies -
small round balloons -- i find mine at big lots
velvet or wool
ceramic eggs
one DH or girl friend (yes girls i am being to learn to speaka the language)-- you will need 4 hands

fill the balloon with sand, kitty litter, walnut shells and always a mix of lamb's wool for the lanolin --

place a pin in the cushion to hold your thimble

blow into it gently to fit the ceramic egg --

next -- cut the cover of velvet or wool to cover the balloon -- yes you will need that extra person
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276039.jpe   attachment-276040.jpe