View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:47 PM
nursie76

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Originally Posted by nursie76
So sorry we couldn't help you get it fixed. What a disappointment. It is odd though, if the hole for the cone is too far forward, why did it sew ok for a while!
I have no idea why the arm didn't slip off the needle bar, but while it sewed okay, the needle was not in the correct place, so I think that may have just been luck...

In other news, I finished the quilt. The regular foot doesn't do quite as good of a job (a bit of stretching), but I love that this machine sews over giant seam lumps without even thinking about it! Will post pictures when it is out of the wash- am nervous about that as I'm using a new type of batting, but it is a baby quilt, so machine wash is a MUST!
So glad to hear you persevered and finished the quilt! Way to go!!! Yeah, the 440 is a great machine. That was my first Bernina. It sewed over everything, I even saw someone sew animal pelts together! I have since moved on to an 830 and DH just traded my travel machine a 330 in on a 450 and I am lovin' it too! Please don't forget to post a pic of the quilt and let us know what the problem with the foot was when you find out....inquiring minds and nosey :wink: ones) want to know! :-)