View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
BSKTLOFR-QUILTER

I'm new to this board, quilting, and retiring. This is my first completed quilt. I used the quilt as you go method. One day while in Goodwill I came across 12 BOM packets from Joann's. I snatched them up for .99 each. I thought this is the perfect way to get started before I used my really good stuff. It proved to be quite the challenge as of course one of the packets didn't have the fabric in it so I had to scurry around trying to find fabric to match as this was last year's model. I wants a big queen so this turned out 94 by 115. So I had to fly by the seat of my pants. I made attempts at free motion meandering on the white sashing, then of course had to come up with something for the borders and corners so made feble attempt at feathers. All in all it was a fun experience. My DH was so supportive of me and made lots of suggestions so I presented him with the finished product as his very own. It has flannel back to keep him warm on these cold winter Colorado nights. Now he wants to hand it on the wall to my horror. I don't want everybody seeing all the mistakes I made, points that had to be adjusted, blocks straightened, to name a few. Thanks for looking. I hope this little chuckle reminds quilters of their beginning days.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276143.jpe   attachment-276144.jpe   attachment-276145.jpe