View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
galvestonangel

I was born In Louisville, Ky. My grandparents all lived near Morgantown KY, in the country. I visit there once a year, only cousins left, but it is beautiful and peaceful. During WWII, my Dad was a gov. inspector and we lived in Jacksonville, Fla and Old Town Main. Came back to Louisille, moved to Middletown in 1951 just east of Louisville, then moved to Nashville, TN for 2 years, then Hollywood Fla, then Coral Gables Fla, then to Houston, Texas when I was 17. Later met my DH, lived in Houston for 4 years then moved to Pearland, country setting but close to the big city, touched Houston on the southside, lived there for 29 years, then moved to Galveston. We are in our 3 and last house here. I went to 13 schools in 12 years of school, being at one school for 4 years, and went to 4 schools in my senior year. I loved living differnt places, and that may be why I love to travel.

My husband is a native born Texan, he doesn't even like to go on vacation out of Texas. I would stay here anyway because my children and grandchildren are in the area, I would never leave them behind. I don't like the cold but it does get very hot here in the summer, thank God for AC.

I've learned that where ever you are is home. But in some ways I wish I had stayed planted because of family and friends. There is history there.