Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

If I can find mine - I am told that the special DJ rulers make life much simpler. They are available at Brenda's site above, and also through softexpressions and amazon.

I do have a couple of questions... just to get an idea of the interest in this new project. No, I will not ask how many UFOs you already have. But I would like to know what speed you would like to proceed? I checked the other site and the first group did 4-5 blocks and triangles weekly and then had a catch-up week every 7th week. Besides that there were about two months set aside at the end of the 18months for joining the blocks, sashing, borders, etc. Personally, I have too many other things going on, other WIPs, DD with health problems, life in general, DGSs - 3 wonderful ones. I think for me it would make more sense to schedule 3 per week on a regular basis. Three/week will take 23 weeks without breaks - slightly more than 17months, or we can schedule a few breaks.

Another comment I have received from people on the first site is that the weekly block order was spread out all over the quilt so that it took some 'Janiacs' [DJ quilter] far too long to recognize their progress and the temptation to drop was great. I will try to figure out a schedule that we can either put together rows - or perhaps divide the quilt into 4 - 6 'sections' so that we can sew them together and have an actual work in progress to look at.

Looking forward to hearing from you - let me know if 3/week sounds good and give me an idea of whether you are thinking of joining us!

This is a lovely idea, Cre - but I am a bit mystified about your 3 per week taking 23 weeks which would be 17 months??? Perhaps I misunderstood you.

It would be lovely if those who dropped out of the first one picked up with you and finally got theirs done. I do urge them to try, because it is the MOST incredible sense of achievement when you sew that last bit of binding down.