View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Belles.hold

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
I am considering trying a swap or Row/Round Robin and have never done one before. I was curious what experience my fellow quilters have had with these? Good/Bad, were you happy with the experience, what did you learn? Also, any advice for a newbie who is nervous about "taking the plunge?" Thanks in advance! :-)
I do agree with so many of the other threads. Out of the 6 swaps I participated in, only 1 was a disappointment, instead of appliquing a Santa Claus,(according to the rules) quite a few members made a regular block using Santa fabric.

However, the Row Robin I joined was a huge success, in fabric used, skill in sewing/color coordination/accuracy and promptness in sticking to the mailing schedule. Currently I'm part of a "Round the Rows" group. There are 8 of us and we know each other pretty well and trust each other even more. We take a photo each time we add a row or a round and post the photo on the QB. Check out the "Round the Rows" thread and see what a talented, successful and courteous group can accomplish. Belles