View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
AlamoAA

Welcome to our group. I am fairly new myself and call myself quilterwannabe. If I had more time I could get more fancy I guess. But I hope you glean all you can from all of us and how I got started was I was recrouted to a church quilt circle and they taught me the basics and I have gone from there to making my own at home with a homemade quilt rack my hubby made for me it is easy of 4 18" saw horses and long poles wrapped with fabric scraps not suitable for quilting. I think to but batting under the fabric on the poles would have been even better.
Here are a few quilts I have made for tots. AS you can see I am super simple and have yet to machine quilt a quilt together. Some day I will. I did machine a yard of fabric to make a purse and have yet to make it.
Enjoy all of us and pick our brains. Someone will have an answer.
Most of my 9 patches are diagonal and it is done the same way only with 3 different fabrics one Dark, Light and a medium. lay it out D 1- M 2- L 3 on row 2 is: L 1, D 2 then M 3. and row three is , M1, L 2 & D 3 This makes a diagonal 9 Patch that will repeat all thru the quilt. Then add a few triangles and you can have countless varieties.

Quilt 9 Patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276304[/ATTACH]

Quilt 9 Patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276305[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276251.jpe   attachment-276252.jpe