Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
kapatt

I like your blocks. Thanks for posting them. I also wanted to make a comment about trying to make everything perfect. I have the same problem. This last april my eyes started messing up on me. It took over 6 weeks to get glasses that pretty much corrected the problem. (It took so long because I first went to an optometrist when I needed a ophthalmologist.)

At first, I thought that I would have to give up sewing completely. Then I realized that I could still sew if I didn't work on small patterns and gave my eyes a lot of rest. The one thing that really hurts my eyes is to rip things out. I decided that I needed to not be so picky about my sewing and just enjoy what I was doing. If it wasn't perfect....oh, well. If it was off a lot, then I just made a brand new block.

Since I made that decision, I have had a blast at sewing. There are a few blocks that I have made over but that was fun too.
Right now, my neighbor and I get together once a week to make blocks for the URR quilt. We have one more block to go.
We laugh at our mistakes. The funniest mistake that I have made was on the flying geese block. The flying geese are suppose to fly in a square pattern. My geese end up pointing as if they are going to fly out of the block. (I didn't realize this until I had the block all squared up.)
Every time I see that block, I end up laughing. In fact, I point it out to other people. I wouldn't change it back for anything.

Stop looking at your mistakes. It is your quilt and you are doing it for enjoyment. Don't worry if it isn't perfect. Enjoy your day! :)