View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 AM
IraJane

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
See how the needle is so far forward in relation to the whole in the sole? Since the cone can only go in one place, I don't know how that can be changed.

The arm is off the needle bar because even though I put it there, it falls off as soon as I move the needle. When I put the foot on, it wraps around either side.

I'm really really stressed, because this thing is a week old and now I can't find the receipt. this thing is WAY too expensive to be a dud.
I didn't finish reading the comments in this post, so someone may have already told you this: The fork isn't on the needle clamp. I have done that before and the needle comes right where you are talking about. I lower the feed dogs, lean the base of the foot to the right, and start by slipping the fork over the needle clamp and the other spot onto the cone. Getting the fork on the needle clamp(screw holder) is the most important part of the foot being in the correct place.

There is a difference in which foot fits which machine. If your reg. feet have a red number on them, it takes the newer walking foot. The black numbers are the older model.
Good luck.