View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Some months ago I was at a tag sale at the home of a fabric designer. Among the many wonderful finds were several HUGE tubs of fabric strips in varying lengths and all exactly 2" wide. So I sorted them out into color groups and started sewing them side by side. Then I realized that I probably should have pieced them on a foundation. Too late! Anyway, I'd like to make random slices through them and insert a contrasting strip for interest. Should I just slice away or put some sort of backing on it or maybe just starch heavily?

I wish I could remember where I saw it on TV - I think it was Fons and Porter - someone was doing something similar and I guess because of the "undisciplined" nature of the quilt, the hostess looked distinctly uncomfortable!

The first one I am working on is mean to be a utilitarian throw for my new love seat for when the dogs try to sneak up onto it. My walls are hunter green and I was thinking of putting strips of burgundy throughout, but maybe not.

The second one will be made from a wonderfully riotous collection of bright batiks. I can't wait to do that one!