View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 AM
IraJane

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Originally Posted by IraJane

The fork isn't on the needle clamp. I have done that before and the needle comes right where you are talking about. I lower the feed dogs, lean the base of the foot to the right, and start by slipping the fork over the needle clamp and the other spot onto the cone. Getting the fork on the needle clamp(screw holder) is the most important part of the foot being in the correct place.
The fork is not on the needle clamp because it falls off when I move the needle wheel. It starts there, and then pops off. When I posted the pictures, I said that.

I need new feet for my machine. I posted a picture of the walking foot box, but there is no indication on the box or in the instructions which models it is for.
I have an older machine, by choice, and have had a newer one. the box for the newer one is just like yours. My box has an older picture.

Would you take a picture of the foot when you have it on the needle clamp so I can see where it goes on your machine?

When the fork is around my needle clamp there isn't any way it could come off, so I agree that talking with the dealer should be the next step.

My present Bernina 1260 I have had for 13 yrs and have only had to have it cleaned.