View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 AM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, i have a question for you all: i tend to do fairly simple blocks. does anyone feel like that looks as if i didn't put enough effort into it? i feel confident i will get the simpler blocks right and give you a fairly well done block. i was reading another thread and people were disappointed if they received a simple block. would you rather have a well done block or a fancy block? in time i'll be more confident and branch out, but i don't want to delay everyone while i struggle with new blocks. please, let me know how you feel!
Nancia -- these are just HST arranged differently...it's amazing how many patterns you can come up with just a simple little starting point. I actually paper piece the HST so they are "squared" (check out block central for a template...let me know if you can't find it and I'll find the link again). If someone is disappointed by a "simple" block it's their ego problem...everyone starts somewhere (like me) and each block is made with care and attention. I will try "harder" ones sometimes when I want to but I'm sticking with just a few patterns this time around so I can get them done.

The only time I've been disappointed is when the block is actually only 12" instead of the 12.5 needed...it's hard to figure out how to make it bigger by just a small amount and not ruin the block scheme...but all the other blocks thrill me.

She posted this on my other thread but wanted others to provide their input on her concern :)