View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
May in Jersey

Originally Posted by Jill
This topic hits home unfortunately. My sister passed away early this month and did not leave a will or any instructions about her possessions. She had, however, made her funeral arrangements. The arguing over her things just makes me sick. DH and I have a will and I am going to talk to him about my sewing "stuff" soon. I highly recommend to people that they have a will.
I don't have much to pass on but am slowly 'giving' stuff to family members. Had rememberance rings made for all 6 DGdaughters with a little diamond from my MIL's ring or a pearl my ring in the center with their birthstones on each side. One DGdaughter asked for my grandmother's macaroni platter so I wrote a history to go with it. Another has my FIL's old fashion ice cream scoop that she loves. Next item is the pre WWII rock maple chest on chest from the bedroom set me and all my sisters used growing up, think it will go to DGdaughter #3 since other married or soon to be married DGD's live in CA.

Also someone posted that their kids said, "We don't want old stuff Mom". Yeah, that is until after you've thrown out or given it away, that's when they come looking for it.