Old 07-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

Let me start by saying , I love this board and would never have dreamed a place like this could exist. I so do appreciate all the hard work that you and the moderators put into it.
However I miss the stories that were up lifting, from other parts of our world. I loved the horses and the pets and the pictures from around the world that we used to be able to see.
I don't come here to become depressed by other's problems, not that I don't care, because I do, but this place is a sort of escape for me. When I tune in here, it is to get support about quilting and to be inspired by others work. I try not to bring my personal problems here, and do try to be supportive to others. I was one that stayed up at night for the mare stare, and enjoyed it. I saw 2 healthy foals brought into this world, never dreaming that would be possible. Yesterday, Joanne lost a foal and the mother, and those of us who were familiar with them, could tell her how sorry we were.
this board is so full of work horses, those who hold the exchanges, or who organize a small gift for someone. I try to participate in these.
I don't like going to GCC and becoming depressed, that part I do not miss being there.
I don't know what the answer is, but someone has to step up and make the choices, what is proper for GCC and what isn't., and I don't think that has been met yet. Do I have the answers/ NO, no way, but , I do miss the things we were able to enjoy on there before.
AS for the diaries, I do have one, and I do try to keep it as a place to ask for help and useful information, and I have learned so much about my new toy, by just having a place to ask for help. So I also want them to stay. I can understand why so many don't have time, when you are still raising a family, or working.
Is this place perfect? No, no way, but it is still the best there is our there, and I for one am thankful for that!