View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Canada Kate

I originally posted this picture on my introduction page in response to Quiltmaniac2010's welcome wish, as her avatar is a Sheltie. Then I noticed that there is an area specifically for pets pics and I see that Quiltmania2010 has four Shelties! I don't know why more people don't get a Sheltie, they are in the top 10 of smartest dogs and are wonderfully loyal and friendly. Also at approx. 20 pounds, a very manageable size.

Jack loves to run, chase and retrieve tennis balls. We have a ball chucker and this is his most favourite thing ever to do. If we are walking in the park and someone else is there ball-chucking with their dog, my Jack always races in and steals the ball. I keep telling him, "That's not your ball, Jack" but he doesn't get it. :-)

In the house he constantly brings toys over to people in the hopes that they will throw them for him to fetch. He brings them over and shoves them in your lap, or drops them at your feet. If you don't move to pick up the toy, he will pick it up with his mouth and nudge it a bit closer to you - HINT! I moved into my house in December 2007 and my hardwood floors have been destroyed by Jack's fetching. (I wouldn't want it any other way!) He also has a very cute habit of coming over to people and putting his head on their thigh or lap and staring up at them with his big, brown eyes. This is his "pat me, love me" look.

Jack DOB July 13, 2005
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276656[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276603.jpe