View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Bethel3330

Hello,
My name's Beth and I am totally new to quilting and taking some basic classes at Sneed's in Charleston, WV. I love them. :)
I made a new friend recently who has sewn about all her life but is also new to quilting, so we are learning that part together, but she is also teaching me to make garments as well! What I used to call my "office" I now refer to as "sewing room", so I think I've been converted. I like to crochet as well, though I haven't done that for awhile.
I find myself interested in old-fashioned arts of all sorts. I canned this summer for the first time and would love to make some homemade soaps, but that will have to wait until later.
I work in the healthcare field, am married, and have a two year old son. I also have 6 pets and am involved in animal rescue and transport.
I am thinking of making items for the animal shelters and would like to give to Project Linus and similar groups. But I've not got anything completed at this point and the Mickey Mouse plaid and coordinating fabric I began working on for a kid's blanket my son decided he liked a lot! lol

So, that is me. Hello All!

Beth :)