View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
MacThayer

Originally Posted by clsurz
What is cost of Janome 6600P?
I think I the last price I saw, about a month ago, was $2,300 brand new. But don't take that as the FINAL price. I know someone who bought the next version up, which was selling for $3000, and she picked it up for $2,300. There isn't a lot of selling going on right now, and there's a lot of "wiggle room" in those prices. I know you could get it below the $2,300, and if you had a decent trade it, well below that.

But that's the machine you want. Button start and stop. Lever speed control. Lots of options. Sews through anything. Long arm to accommodate quilts more easily. Beauty of a machine. The "leg lift" is for the presser foot, so you can keep your hands on the fabric and lift the foot at the same time, pivot the fabric, and drop the foot again. You can also lift the presser foot the usual way, by hand.

Go and try it out. Let them know you're looking for a deal. See what happens. But don't make a decision until you've spent some time sewing on the machine so you know you'll be happy with it!