View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
Look for little other ways to save money b/c it all adds up. I don't use the bag on my lawn mower. No need to buy garbage bags for grass clippings. I cut my hair 2x per year and keep it straight, long, and one length. I wear glasses instead of contacts.

Go to the grocery store with a set list and don't buy anything but what is on the list. Do NOT buy junkfood just because it is cheap. It will add weight to you, not fill you up (hence you will buy more) and you will be less healthy. Spend enough to eat healthy.

Eggs and chicken tend to be a cheaper form of protein and are versatile...
Thank you. I already do some of these things. I rent, so don't have to worry about outdoor maintenance. I usually get my hair cut once a year and I wear glasses (actually, the last one is a medical necessity - I'm allergic to the preservative that contacts come in and is in most cleansers - I break out in severe contact dermatitis :-)). I'm due for new glasses, but put extra $$$ in my FSA this year to cover it. I hope to make my appointment in the next couple of weeks. I also keep my computer/router/modem, TV, and microwave unplugged when not in use and am very conservative with my heat and A/C.

I just wasn't sure what a reasonable budget for healthy (ie, non-junk & processed-filled) foods could be for a week's worth of meals.