Old 07-23-2009, 06:49 AM
crazyquilter

I have purchased 3 machines from EBay, a $900. Pfaff 2056, a $1100 Husqvarna Rose, and an old $50 Singer. The Rose was from an individual about 100 miles from here, so I arranged to pick it up in person. Fantastic machine! Like new condition. I only use it for embroidery, but the field is only 4x4 so have since bought a Janome 350 E (embroidery only) which I use most of the time. Pfaff came from a dealer in NJ, no problem except dealer was a little slow in shipping. This is my main machine. It has obviouly been used, but was well taken care of and runs like a dream. The old Singer, size up from a featherweight, was a disaster. Portable case was almost demolished, is unusable. It was laid in the box on bubble wrap, and a layer of bubble wrap placed over it. I had asked for and was willing to pay extra insurance which wasn't taken out. With some help from DH, it runs, but there was no reason it had to be beat to death thru the mail. No recovery on that one! So I guess we just take our chances! Overall, I've been quite happy with ebay...