View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Highmtn

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Originally Posted by Highmtn
Turn on all your outside lights but don't turn on inside lights unless you've got a second floor to your house.

I'd be VERY UPSET TOO. Can you get a friend to come over and spend the night with you?

Will the cops come back and patrol your area extra times for awhile?

Our 92# guard dog died of cancer last November. My hubby is disabled. I used to tell people I sleep at night sound because my dog doesn't. I certainly DON'T feel near as safe since she's been gone.

My heart goes out to you!
All the big lights are on outside. They come on soon as it starts getting dark. I figured if I left lights on and none in the bedroom or bathroom, and they did (heaven forbid) get in my house; that I would be able to see them before they see me. That was one reason I was leaving lights on.

I miss my big #100 Boxer, Bubba! I was never afraid when he was here. People were afraid of him. I might just have to get me another boxer. Start with a puppy so he will grow up with my poms.

And there is no one that can stay with me! My kids are in TN. All of them now.
Yanna (our guard dog) was a boxer/rotty cross. She was ferocious if someone knocked on the door...but when we let people in she was friendly as could be. Most of the neighbors called her "Cujo". At night she often patrolled the house softly growling. She went after someone for banging on the front door SO HARD once that she knocked the door jam out of the frame 2". She MEANT BUSINESS. After that we put a "no soliciting" sign on the front of the entry.

I've had nothing but rescue boxers since 1970. Eva, the other boxer in the photo weighs 37#....and Yanna 92#. Yanna was very good with the dogs we brought in but not so nice to dogs she didn't know. She was such a devoted guardian of us.

I sure miss her ESPECIALLY after reading YOUR STORY.

Be safe... we'll all be thinking about you tonight! Please post in the morning so we know you're okay.

"YOU RANG??"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276742[/ATTACH]

Yanna and Eva. Eva's a little shy violet. If someone pounds on the door she disappears...LOL We may have to put in a security system FOR HER...lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276743[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276689.jpe   attachment-276690.jpe