View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
Originally Posted by Wingsofjoy
Usually Walmart quilt don't make it past the first washing.
Gosh you just thumb nosed Walmart for there fabric isn't that what your cousin was doing to you? Walmart has quilty quilt fabric as well as thinner fabric for sewing clothing. My quilts have not fallen apart. I have sewn many things from there fabric....should think hard about this before blowing someone off like that!
I don't know for sure, but I think its possible that Deborah 12687 was referring to the already done quilts from China for sale at Walmart and other discount retailers, and not referring to the fabric available for making quilts and clothing from Walmart. I purchased a few of these quilts from China and turned them into drapes when we lived in a house with little to no insulation and very leaky windows. And I can tell you, from this experience, I had to repair many seams after the first washing, and within two washings the backing fabric was beginning to pill up.

I mean, I am not sure about what Deborah meant, but I do think it was quite obvious what the young lady, in the original post, did mean to the quilter she visited. This "quilt police" lady meant to "tell the cousin's friend how to make a quilt because she was too old to know better"!!! To make a statement that the quilts at Walmart are not quality and do fall apart after one washing is not the same as one expressing horror at the way this young lady was so rude to her cousin's friend.