View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 04:21 AM
LisaGibbs

I personally do not have a gun at all. My husband and I work in a situation where we are trained that it is best not to have something that a criminal can take away from you and use it on you or your family. I am not anti gun at all don't get me wrong, but I recommend a couple of things. Wasp spray has a powerful and long shot and has the ability to stop one if it gets in the face. Hand held tazers, and if you can handle it, pepper spray but remember you will get some of it on you as well. Most will run when hit with that because they are afraid that they will be caught in their new found burning eye state. There is no chance of killing someone or your loved one if misfired. They may be angry for some time and require medical attention but they eventually will come home again. Educate yourself on self defense moves and most importantly, with cell phones if someone is coming over after dark, call first. Otherwise, don't answer the door and keep things locked up. I am so sorry you went through this. Find someone to talk it out with and don't let fear rule your life or you will walk around like a victim and a easy target. Criminals operate on your fear of them, if you show confidence they are less likely to choose you.