View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 04:40 AM
huntannette

i call those "Dang Darn it" moments......it will get better!!!
Originally Posted by Grandmother23
I have a quilt that I quilted Saturday and was ready to trim the backing and fold it over for the binding yesterday. I decided to tear the backing instead of cutting it since I don't cut very straight. I tore it all around thinking this will be a piece of cake, it will tear so straight. Good thinking Lauren. Ha!! When I spread it out neatly to admire my handy work, I saw it did NOT "tear straight". I thought it was the fabric. Then I realized what happened was I probably did not place the quilt top straight on the backing and it did tear straight. Ok I'll chalk that up to experience. Will double check the next time I guarentee you.

I sat down after work to sew around the edges of the quilt so I can cut the excess off othe quilt so I can do the binding tonight. Using my walking foot, I proceed. Puckers!! Puckers!! On one side alone there are eight significant puckers in the border. When I did the stitch in the ditch quilting, (first time ever here!!) I didn't have this problem. I know it can't be the borders were waving that much. I think I know what I will name this quilt in my head.....Puckers!

I went to take pictures to attach to show my problem and the "camera God" got me. Neither of the batteries are charged. Sigh

I would drink a cold green citrus tea right about now if I had remembered to buy some today. I did see there were none in the refrigerator this morning. And so it goes...

Thanks for the vent.
Lauren